MAKEUP | VAPOUR ORANIC BEAUTY

 

I have been using a few products from Vapour Organic Beauty and wanted to share my thoughts with you. Vapour Organic Beauty is made using a minimum of 70% organic ingredients with the other 30% being minerals and pure essential oils. In terms of packaging, Vapour holds it’s own next to high-end, ‘mainstream’ cosmetics brands. You can find out more about Vapour here.

One of the first ‘green’ make-up purchases I made was this Atmosphere Soft Focus (£43) foundation in shade 115. Expensive, I know, but, it my opinion, is worth it. Even though I have enjoyed using some mineral powder bases, liquid is still my preferred option. This comes in 12 shades, from very pale to very dark. It feels lovely on the skin and gives a light dewy coverage. I don’t find myself using as much of this as perhaps I normally would with a foundation. It’s so easy to apply, blending effortlessly. If I want it to be a little more long lasting, I will set with some powder. I can see this suiting those with more of a dry skin tone, however, it is recommended for all skin types.

INGREDIENTS for ATMOSPHERE SOFT FOCUS FOUNDATION

Organic Camellia Oleifera (Camellia) Seed Oil*, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Silica, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Mica, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate**, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Essential Oils and Natural Fruit Essences, Boswellia Carteri (Frankincense) Gum ***, Canarium Luzonicum (Elemi) Gum Non-Volatiles, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Gum Oil, Eriocephalus Punctulatus (Cape Camomile) Oil, Organic Nelumbo Nucifera (Lotus) Leaf Extract* [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)], Ocimum Sanctum (Tulsi/Holy Basil) Leaf Extract*, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Solanum Lycopersicon (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Pogostemon Cablin Oil [+/-(May Contain): CI77492, CI77891].

After being sent a sample of this Mezmerize Eye Colour Treatment (£19), I decided to go ahead and buy the full size version. However, his is not something that I have turned to every day. It is very easy to apply and gives a lovely wash of colour, but I find it doesn’t have the greatest staying power. A nice product, but not something that has left me wanting to try more shades. I think I prefer the Ilia Silken Eyeshadow (although this is more expensive at £23).

INGREDIENTS for MESMERIZE EYE COLOUR TREATMENT

Organic/Bio Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Organic/Bio Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica, Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Organic/Bio Chrysanthemum Morifolium (Chrysanthemum Flowers), Organic/Bio Euphrasia Officinalis (Eyebright), Organic/Bio Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Carmine (CI 75470)]

The Solar Translucent Bronzer in mirage (£31) is a fairly new addition to my kit, but is something I’ve been turning to almost daily. I like to use it to add a bit of warmth to my skin. I love the cream formula and find applying direct from the stick very easy to use. The colour is buildable and can be used to add a sun-kissed glow or to contour. If you use with a light hand, I’m sure this would suit most skin tones, as it blends into the skin well and the colour intensity can be built.

INGREDIENTS for SOLAR TRANSLUCENT BRONZER

Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Silica, Mica, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Castor Isostearate Beeswax Succinate**, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Oil), Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil*, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract*, Organic Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter)*, Tocopherol, Essential Oils and Fruit Essences, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Canarium Luzonicum (Elmi) Gum Nonvolatiles, Commiphora Myrrha Gum Oil, Eriocephalus Punctulatus (Cape Chamomile) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Organic Euterpe Oleracea (Açai Berry) Powder*, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flowers*, Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract* [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)], Carmine (CI 75470)].

I have my eye on the Illusionist Concealer in shade 015 and would really like to try the Atmosphere Luminous Foundation (recommended for dry/mature skin). I would have picked this up in New York, but they didn’t have my shade. I’m also intrigued to see how the Stratus Soft Focus Instant Skin Perfector works.

Have you tried any Vapour Beauty products? What would you recommend?

 

Follow:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *